|Domestic violence is spousal/partner relationship violence between adults. Family violence is not
ok, it creates a fearful environment for every member of the family. If there are children in the home
where domestic violence is occurring, even if the children are not being battered, they are being
exposed to violence and are suffering from emotional abuse, which is reportable child abuse.
- 10 million children every year witness domestic violence abuse.
- An abused, battered person may leave and go back seven or more times before
- Staying with the abuser for the sake of children is wrong.
- Children model your behavior.
- Children deserve a childhood free from violence.
As difficult as it is to listen to this tape, think about these children. This is reality for these
children. This is reportable child abuse. If you are aware of children or adolescents who are living
in a domestic violent home, please call your local (C.P.S.) Child Protective Services hotline and
request they investigate. If anyone you know is in imminent danger from domestic violence, call 911
Please visit these websites to become better educated about domestic violence and abuse:
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline:
1-800-799-7233 (1-800-799-safe) or TTY-1-800-707-3224
- The National Sexual Assault Hotline:
- The National Teen Dating Abuse Hotline: